Another novella set in Marina Adair’s St. Helena Vineyard series, this story was both extremely fun and seriously sweet! i loved Roman and Finely and enjoyed their banter and fiery passion. The story is absolutely beautiful and touched my heart and put a smile on my face.I am very impressed with Reina Torres and the way she incorpurated her style writing in St. Helena Vineyard. I can’t seem to stop gushing about it, even now. I LOVED these novellas!Playing With Fire gets a DELIGHTFULLY FUN FOUR SHOOTING STARS! This will melt your heart and steal your breath.
When you have an opportunity to participate in a release for an author, especially someone who is just an amazingly beautiful woman INSIDE and out, who is also an incredibly talented author? Well, HELLO!
You say YES PLEASE!
In this post you’ll see:
1) A TOP FIVE post from Chase Huntington, the heroine of the story. I wanted to know her TOP FIVE SEDUCTIVE SENSORY EXPERIENCES!
2) My review of “Seducing The Tycoon”
3) MK Meredith’s Bio
4) A link to her Rafflecopter Giveaway!
5) Links to find MK Meredith, because you’re going to want to know how!
Chase Huntington’s Top 5 Seductive Sensory Experiences
Hello, loves! I’m Chase Huntington from Seducing the Tycoon, and I have to say, I’m delighted to be able to share with you today. I’ve travelled the world, dined with princes, shaken the hands of world leaders, but what I’ve yearned to find more than anything is home. That place I feel welcomed, wanted, loved, and as if I’m the specific piece that completes the puzzle better than anyone else. Part of that puzzle is Drago De Luca, the most sophisticated, sex on a stick Italian dreamboat I’ve ever met. And the man responsible for introducing me to my top 5 seductive sensory experiences.
5. The intoxicating spicy scent of Drago De Luca.
- There is something heady about leaning into the warmth radiating from sexy De Luca’s neck. The heat from his skin and the essence of him, weaving me in a drunken haze of lust inducing olfactory bliss. The scent of him is mouthwatering and interestingly enough, leaves me with the urge to drop my dress on the floor. LOL! Don’t judge until you smell Drago De Luca.
4. The warm pressure of his fingertips at the base of my back.
- Even before I’d fallen for Drago, my body had—like a damn traitor. I’d eyed him up and down checking out his footwear to see if it matched up to my fantasy the very first time I laid eyes on him. And boy, I wasn’t disappointed. But even more was the very first time he’d settled his fingertips at the low of my back to help guide me through Ferrara. Goosebumps wash over my skin like the rays from the sun. There’s something so decadent about walking through Italy with every nerve ending opened to pleasure.
3. My favorite designer dress sliding OFF her skin.
- High fashion and beautiful fabrics are one way that has always helped me to feel my most powerful. But I was wrong. What makes me feel powerful is the feel of pure silk sliding from my skin while watching Drago struggle to maintain control. His white knuckled grip, the clenching of his jaw, and his intense gaze focused on no one but me. Whoo! I need a cold shower.
2. The electric vibration of a Learjet’s engine.
- By now you won’t be surprised to learn I’ve flown thousands of miles across oceans and continents. But never before had a plane ride inspired or satisfied erotic fantasies that I never even knew I had. It was more than an introduction into the mile-high club; it was feeling every inch of my skin all at the same time as if every pore was in the spotlight and the crowd was giving a standing ovation.
1. The Shower.
- I’m in over-drive all the time. Working hard to prove I’m worthy of my position in the Huntington franchise. But it is a decadent gift to be cared for by someone who loves you. The hot spray of the shower beating against my skin while Drago scrubs me with slow delicious strokes bent on soothing but makes me want him all the more. I’ll never look at a shower the same way ever again, and take every chance to take one if Drago’s around. J
Not to mention that man knows how to handle his biscotti!
Seducing the Tycoon by MK Meredith – Review
When I downloaded the ARC for this book, it was late at night. I had just settled down to go to sleep, set my alarm on my phone and I then I remembered I wanted to read the book in the morning so I downloaded it. Then I said “I’ll just open it and take a peek.”
Famous. Last. Words.
I read it. Every last awesome, sexy, absorbing word!
Drago started off on my sh*t list. He was self-assured, sexy and hell, and determined to undermine our heroine. And then I saw him with his grandmother, his lovable little Nonna, and my heart opened up to him.
From then on it was praying and pacing (in my head), while I waited to find out how this was all going to end up with a HEA. Don’t get me wrong, I never doubted that it would be amazing, but that’s part of the fun for me as I read these angsty, sexy stories. Watching the author set up their dominoes and then *gasp* here they go!
I finished the book and drifted off to sleep with a happy grin on my face. I didn’t need to worry about sweet dreams, because I’d just read one. Lovely! Something I will definitely read AGAIN.
MK Meredith writes single title contemporary romance promising an emotional ride on heated sheets. She believes the best route to success is to never stop learning.
Her lifelong love affair with peanut butter continues. Only two things come close in the battle for her affections: gorgeous heels and maybe Gerard Butler…or was it David Gandy? Who is she kidding? Her true loves are her husband and two children who have survived her SEA’s (spontaneous explosions of affection) and live to tell the tale. The Meredith’s live in the D.C. area with their two large fur babies…until the next adventure calls.
Places to find MK Meredith:
I’m a Believer!
I admit it, hand raised in the air, that I was VERY hesitant of Caleb’s story… and that’s just because he’s proven himself to be such a ‘gem’ in past stories… but what I quickly remembered was the lesson I learned from Prudence… Debra Holland is a master at redemption stories… with her talent.. she can change a leopard’s spots, a zebra’s stripes, and make a starched collar banker soften and warm right before my eyes.
Maggie is a survivor and a strong woman, and I think just the right person to be a match to Caleb. He was a man who wanted a woman to take care of, a fine example of genteel womanhood, a perfect example of feminine grace and someone who understood the benefits of the society he grew up in. And yet the first time he meets Maggie, her history, her culture, none of it mattered as he struggled to help her bring her child into the world. I think that intimate setting did a lot to crack open the hard crust of his upbringing and allow him to see the heart of this woman and to fall for her because of who she is… and the precious life they brought into the world together.
People can change… I believe it 😀
ARC – First, make sure you’re sitting down when you read, it’s just a safety precaution so you don’t fall over when your blood pressure spikes or your pulse starts to race. “Chasing I Do” takes you on a roller coaster ride of love and dreams and hope and includes all the obstacles along the way! And no one writes family drama like Marina Adair. You cringe and cry, laugh and cheer, right along with the characters. You take sides, you beg and plead with the pages, and suddenly you’re at the end and *sigh* you just want to do it all over again.
Darcy is such a great heroine. She’s a mom, first and foremost, and you just want to hug her and tell her everything is going to be alright. Gage… wow… hot, stubborn, and headstrong. He’s going to get what he wants… thank goodness! And the whole cast of characters surrounding them are like the icing on the perfect wedding cake.
The best part is, you don’t need to chase after this book. Go get your copy on June 7!
Review – This Regency Era duo of stories is a great value!
This book is a two-for-one deal of Jane Ashford stories:
Rivals of Fortune
The Impetuous Heiress
Both stories have intriguing storylines, with Rivals of Fortune my favorite of the two. Both stories have main female characters that are far from the retiring misses that someone might associate with Regency stories, these ladies know their minds and their opinions on any number of matters and have no problem expressing themselves.
Rivals of Fortune has a triangle at the heart of the romantic tension and even though I had picked my favorite pairing early on, I wasn’t sure who the young miss was going to pick until we were well into the story and I kept hoping she wouldn’t pick the ‘wrong’ man. The heart of the story is a missing treasure that may or may not even exist. And while I enjoyed the mystery, the search seemed to go on for a little TOO long. And I found myself unhappy with the seeming willful confusion of one of the men in the triangle.
But, rest assured that I was very happy with how things ended up and my overall impression of the story is a good one. An enjoyable read, indeed!
The Impetuous Heiress started out a little ‘slower’ than I like. If I hadn’t known the name of the Hero from the plot summary on the back cover, there might have been some confusion as the story starts with the young lady at the center of the story had another male character in the ‘focus’ of the scene, a character that I kept waiting to see take a more assertive role and yet, he just seemed to meander through the story like a lazy river. I found myself rooting for him to throw his hat into the ring.
Part of my frustration with this story is the barely likable quality of the hero. I believe the author did a good job explaining the backstory for his ‘rude’ behavior, but I found myself wanting to offer any number of tools to help him pull his head out of his horse’s posterior. He just couldn’t help but dig himself deeper at ever turn. Even when he succeeds, I found myself not sure I was ready to forgive all of his transgressions.
I found myself enjoying a secondary romantic storyline more than the main plot, and that’s not a complaint at all. It was a lovely little story and I wish there had been more time dedicated to it.
If you’re looking for contemporary levels of heat, these stories are not for you. The level of affection shown in these stories between the two main characters is very tame by modern standards. When I see others mention Georgette Heyer as a similar author, I agree. The ‘feel’ of the two are the same in my opinion.
Want to pick up your own copy? Visit AMAZON and get one!
Some of the authors in this sampler are VERY familiar to me… read them… love them! A few of the others I’ve heard of and seen their names all over the place, but I haven’t read before.
This sampler was both amazing and upsetting… Amazing because I know that my faves are still writing amazing books.
And upsetting because I’ve now discovered new authors to read and I need to find time to read their work!
(click on the cover to go to the Amazon Page for the sampler)
You’ll find someone new to add to your TO READ list, I guarantee it!